Sunscreens vary greatly, but never stop even close to 99%.
- Window Film will work at its full efficiency all day, because it has no holes.
Sunscreens perform vastly different depending on the angle of the sun due to the mesh.
- Window Film has a higher heat reduction per depth of darkness because it reflects the energy and never loses it’s metal/ceramics so it never loses its level of performance.
Sunscreens work mainly by absorbing the solar energy, so as they get older, fade and get a looser mesh they allow in more energy.
- Window Film is much clearer to look through.
- Sunscreens Mesh up your view.
- Window Film is much more pleasing aesthetically, looking at it from either side of the glass.
- Sunscreens give a house that boarded up look and close the eyes of the house…The Windows!
- Window film may cost slightly more initially, but when you consider that; residential window film has a lifetime warranty and sunscreens range from 2-5 years and only on the screen itself, and screens will go bad in less than 5 years, Clearly window film is much less expensive.
- Sunscreens have a poor warranty and fail quickly (often losing 10% effectiveness in first year)
- Window Film can cause thermal cracking, but all film manufacturers’ warrant for this and seal failure. It is extremely rare if guidelines are followed.
- Sunscreens can cause thermal breakage, but there is no coverage.
- Window Film is easy to clean and maintain: Soap and water and a soft cloth, sponge or squeegee.
- Sunscreens never really seem to come totally clean or look clean and if you use soap or scrub them they deteriorate more rapidly.
- Window Film allows you to easily clean both sides of the glass
- Sunscreens have to be removed to clean the outside glass or to see if you got the inside clean.
- Window Film is installed by I.W.F.A. certified installers with set standards which are authorized by the manufacturer’s and guaranteed in writing by them
- Sunscreens have no known Associations, and very poor warranties.
- Window Film if damaged must be replaced for a cost.
- Sunscreens if damaged must be replaced for a cost.
- Window Film will not protect if the window is open.
- Sunscreens do not ventilate well, so a bug screen that gives no solar protection has to be put in to allow in air.
- Window Film will help deter break in, by holding the glass together, and when broken for any reason, it increases safety, and in fact can be a safety film designed for bomb blast protection and theft deterrent and often deny entry.
- Sunscreens are easily removed to break in and they do not even hold themselves together.
- Window Film can be installed on any glass with little or no alterations, but there are limitations with certain glass.
- Sunscreen mechanisms must sometime be attached to the building thus potentially damaging it or the window frame, but can usually be installed on the exterior of any glazing system
- Window Film is easily removed and replaced if needed, from the inside.
- Sunscreens are easily removed and often by thieves!
- Window Films come in many shades and colors to suit your personal taste
- Sunscreens come in different shades and colors and even decorative frames.
- Window Film may cause the inside glass surface to be hotter, but most of the energy is reflected immediately and it reduces all forms of heat/energy; radiant, convective and conductive by 10 to 75%.
- Some Home Owners Association limit the amount of reflectivity of films
- Sunscreens increase the overall temperature around it self and increase radiant heat on the outside of the glass thus allowing heat to conduct threw the unit, but they can reduce heat/energy by 10 to 70%
- Almost all H.O.A.’s allow sunscreens, although they may restrict the color of the Fabric.
It may seem that there is absolutely no reason to go with sunscreens over film and clearly the facts way in films favor, but there are many situations where a sunscreen may be the only or better choice.
- You have a covered patio and you want something to be retractable
- You have a window that is extreme and film and a window covering are not enough to control the excessive energy or light
- You want the energy and light certain times of the year so you can remove the sunscreens or have different shades of screens for the seasons
- You want to save a little money on the initial installation because you know you are moving in 3-5 years.
We at Made In The Shade Inc are committed to finding Solutions to your energy conservation needs that meet your specific taste in design and need in performance so we can put the $Green$ back in your pocket!
We are dealers and installers of:
Window Films; Sun control, Safety and Security, Graphic and Designer.
Window Coverings; From Manufactures like Hunter Douglas, Skandia, Home Decor and more that make various Coverings, Blinds, Shutters and other Window Treatments such as: Aluminum Mini Blinds, Wood and Faux Wood Blinds, Various Vertical Blinds, Roller and Panel Shades and Screens, Roman Shades in Wood and Fabric, Cellular Shades and Honeycomb, Wood, Vinyl and Poly Hybrid Shutters and more.
Interior and Exterior Sun Screens and Roller Shades, that come in many different colors and openness from company’s like Suntex and Phifer.
We can help you find the perfect degree of control and beauty that you can afford for each and every window in your home or office!
Please contact us today for more Free Helpful and Honest information by:
(Local) Calling 480-985-9293
Out of Town: 1-888-577-TINT
You may also email us at: [email protected]
You may also visit our website @ www.amadeintheshade.com
Made In The Shade Inc.
Where YOU Are The COOLEST!
Long Distance: 1-888-577 TINT (8468)
Email: [email protected]
Made In The Shade Inc.
WHERE YOU ARE THE COOLEST!